100 Level Law Student Jumps to her Death in University of Ibadan

100 Level Law Student Jump to her Death in University of Ibadan

100 Level Law Student Jumps to her Death in University of Ibadan

A 100 Level student in the Faculty of Law of the University of Ibadan named Miss Effiong Deborah Imarbong has died after she jumped to her death during a programme organised for freshers (first year) students of the school on Monday, May 1st.

A statement released by authorities of the school says Imarbong who is a resident of the Queen Elizabeth hall of residence, was at the programme organised for fresh residents when she received a call from a fellow student and she went outside to meet with the person.

She returned, partied some more, and then left the hall. Minutes later, her friends heard a loud bang and they discovered that she had fallen from the building. She was rushed to the University College Hospital where she was confirmed dead.

Read the institution’s Director of Public Communications, Olatunji Oladejo official statement below:

“It is with deep regret that the management of the University of Ibadan announces the sudden death of Miss Effiong Deborah Imarbong, a 100 Level student in our Faculty of Law on Monday, May 1, 2017, at the University College Hospital, Ibadan. Her sudden death, however, remains a mystery. It is in the light of the above that the university management wishes to state that the cause(s) of her death are still being investigated by the appropriate authorities. Moreover, her parents had been duly contacted by the relevant key officers of the university on the loss. It is pertinent to state that by the tradition of the Queen Elizabeth II Hall where she was a resident, an event tagged ‘Freshers/Finalists’ Week’’ was organised by the hall’s Executive Council.

Her colleagues reported that the deceased was seen at the hall cafeteria, the venue of the movie show. Furthermore, it was reported that she was seen at about 8.40pm. Thereafter, she received a telephone call from a fellow. She left the venue of the movie show to meet the caller. The fellow had been identified after her death by the Campus Security Service. It was further revealed that she left the venue of the movie show and, thereafter, there was a bang, which her colleagues explained, she jumped from a dangerous position in the Hall. She was later found by her colleagues in a seemingly helpless condition in the precinct of the hall."


Popular Posts